The Tipping Point System
Scientific and Academic Rigor
The Tipping Point System (TPS) is backed by the rigor of scientific research and includes reference to 30+ major scientific publications. The most important ones are listed below.
Personal Tipping Points
- A Mindset for the Anthropocene - Dr. Thomas Bruhn, Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies, Potsdam, Germany
Social Tipping Points
- How Behavior Spreads - Damon Centola, Director of Network Dynamics Group, Annenburg School for Communication, University of Pennsylvania
- The Age of Social Sensing - Prof dr. Boleslaw Syzmanski, at the Department of Computer Science, Founding Head of the Center for Pervasive Computing and Networking, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
- Coherence or Flexibility? - Prof dr. Sabine Brunswicker, Digital Innovation at Purdue University and Director of the Research Center for Open Digital Innovation
- Unleashing the Crowd - Prof dr. Ann Majchrzak, Chair of Business Administration and Digital Innovation at the Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California.
Planetary Tipping Points
- Planetary Boundaries - Prof dr. Johan Rockström, Stockholm Resilience Centre, Stockholm University, Sweden
- An Urban Approach to Planetary Boundaries - Dr. Daniel Hoornweg, Chair of Energy Systems and Nuclear Science, University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Canada
- Doughnut Economics - Kate Raworth, Environmental Change Institute, Oxford University, UK.
- Cosmolocalism - Michel Bauwens, Dr. Jose Ramos, Founder of Action Foresight and Vasilis Kostakis, Professor of P2P Governance at TalTech and Faculty Associate at Harvard University
- Leverage Points for Sustainability Transformation - Prof dr. Daniel J. Lang, Transdisciplinary Sustainability Research, Leuphana University Lüneburg, Germany and Donella Meadows
- Escaping the Progress Trap - Daniel O'Leary
- MuSIASEM: External Limits at the Planetary Level - Mario Giampietro, ICREA
Systemic Tipping Points
- Thrivability Science - Into the Heart of Systems Change - Dr. Anneloes Smitsman, Maastricht Sustainability Institute, Maastricht University, the Netherlands.
- On the Deep Need for Integrative Metatheory in the 21st Century - Nicholas Hedlund, Ph.D.(c), Nicholas Hedlund, Ph.D.(c).
- A series of papers on Large-Scale Collective Action (LSCA) by the Centre for Collective Action Research, University of Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Transition Research - Prof dr. Jan Rotmans, Dutch Research Institute for Transitions, Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- The Role of Swarm Intelligence - Prof dr. Chris Callaghan, School of Economic and Business Sciences of the University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa.