“Music Activates Our Humanity - Take one step up, to activate your inner artist.
A beginner's mind is a virtue - as children show us. The acronym for PLAY is Practice Like A Youngster. When you listen to music played truly intentionally and look at visuals, i.e. nature around you, you can find your inner creator because we all create our own unique personal association with sound and visuals. This is the power of unconditional music to heal, activate & connect people and become artists to contribute to Mother Earth and everything growing and living on her.”
Music holds the power to change our world
Music has long been used by movements seeking social change. Music conveys important messages and ideals to those who want to come together and bring about social, political, economic and environmental change. Songs bolster courage, inspire participation, and foster a sense of community. Throughout history, music and song have significantly changed our world. Did you know, that:
- Between 1987 and 1991, when Estonians wanted to end decades of Soviet occupation, SONG was their weapon of choice? It was called The Singing Revolution, which led to Estonian independence in 1991;
- Music & song played a key role in the civil rights movement in the United States, as well as in many other countries around the world;
- In both World Wars, musicians were called to the hospitals to assist the healing of wounded minds and hearts from the horrors of war;
- Music and song has been used on the battlefields for thousands of years to give power to warriors to fight united (let's change that story), and;
- Many years ago, the power of Song gave strength to the First Nations of Dakota to unite people from around the world to stop the construction of one of the biggest and most damaging oil pipeline projects in the United States.
Music has always had a key role in the making of history by changing our story
The power of music has been known to our ancestors for a very long time, and it can be used to unite to fight or to unite to heal and change our world. Music is our greatest power. We have experienced this deeply, which is why we created the Tipping Point System and our Music for Social Change Challenge for this important transition time.
But there's a problem. In our recent past, music has become a focus of entertainment consumption only.
What if a different kind of music holds the key to changing our world again?
In January 1985, one of the most unique collaborations of international singing stars and legends ever assembled created a rousing masterpiece which magnificently showcased musical genius - "We are the World". What if you and I and a million other voices could create a similar musical collaboration?
IMAGINE if you could personally sing your voice or play an instrument or chant or hum or whistle in the next beautiful musical collaboration? Not Lionel Richie, not Tina Turner, not all the people who participated on that day in January 1985, but imagine if YOU got to help co-create a musical masterpiece to sing to Mother Earth!
Imagine if you could sing or make music into an app and know that when a recording is produced – when the song is released – your very own voice is in there somewhere. Your actual voice is electronically part of a majestic musical creation in some beautiful way. What a thrill! What a feeling of being part of something emergent and beautiful and moving and profound!
Imagine your voice ~ THE SONG IN YOUR HEART ~ being heard worldwide!
The Tipping Point initiatives attract, connect, and align the social artists, future creatives, and social change musicians who can open our hearts and help us connect with our innate creative capacities for co-creating a thrivable world. Dr Jean Houston, one of the leading founders of the Human Potential movement, called this process "Social Artistry".
Music for Social Change & Festivals are one of the key TPS strategies for activating and connecting our social artistry capacities. Music & Sound Harmonics appear to have more influence over large groups of people than nearly any other cultural activity. The Tipping Point System (TPS) utilises music and sound harmonics technologies as the central cultural focus of behavioral change at scale. Scientific studies tell us that music can lead large groups of people to transform their values and adopt new patterns of behavior. Sound harmonics is part of the universal communication system of Life.
We apply a musical strategy for social change in three important ways:
- TO ATTRACT: The concentration of human energy and potential, which festivals and concerts provide, is key to catalyzing behavioural change through our Circular Economy and Cosmo-Local strategies. The vibe and temporary escape from reality that these events create provides a fertile space to introduce new ideas to fans and festival goers that is far more effective than advertising campaigns or social media outreach.
- TO HEAL: We have a large and growing collection of research that proves the healing power of music and sonic resonance to restore ecological damage and to improve whole health of people and ecosystems. We will use this research as a basis for developing a global musical healing strategy that transcends current technological attempts to restore the health of, for example, acidic oceans, polluted air, dying forests and species at risk of imminent extinction. Furthermore, the research on music and health also indicates how disease as well as health has a unique sound signature, which can be diagnosed by working with the sound signature of people.
- TO HEAR: We also have a large and growing collection of research that proves that sound generated by the non-human living world provides information that could prove valuable in sensing the health of the planet, in the same way that a doctor receives valuable feedback when listening to, for example, the human heart. We will use this research as a basis for developing a global monitoring system of the health of the planet.
Our music for social change strategies include:
- Partnering with Existing Music Festivals as a mechanism to kickstart local thrivable economies in the cities and towns in which the festivals take place. Festivals provide a temporary space where the passion, energy, colour, creativity, diversity and innate thrivability of humanity is explored and celebrated. The festival is a place where we step across the threshold of our daily lives into a world where the colour, sound, vibrancy and rhythm of life is turned up to the max, through music, arts, food and community. A place where the narrow perceptual bandwidth is challenged by innovation, music, vibrancy and colour, by diversity and imagination - all through music. In short, each Tipping Point Festival becomes a small, microcosmic example of what Life could be like once the whole planet transitions from a survival civilization to a thrivability civilization. Read more about our Festival Criteria.
- Partnering with Music Management Companies, Music Enterprises and Festivals for the conscious co-design of music, story, song and sound to connect, cohere, uplift and inspire millions (and eventually billions) of people in our common care and responsibility for our planet and future wellbeing.
- Singing with our Planet and non-human species with key music artists and sound coherence experts, through specific Tipping Point Music Concerts for showing how our Planet is alive and how we form part of Her Communication System. This will take place in partnership with HeartMath who can provide the Global Coherence measurement systems and apps for making this truly interactive and for providing the scientific evidence that shows how we all form part of a living web of life, powered through the electro-magnetic field of our Planet.