The Tipping Point System
Music for Social Change
“Music Activates Our Humanity - Take one step up, to activate your inner artist.
A beginner's mind is a virtue - as children show us. The acronym for PLAY is Practice Like A Youngster. When you listen to music played truly intentionally and look at visuals, i.e. nature around you, you can find your inner creator because we all create our own unique personal association with sound and visuals. This is the power of unconditional music to heal, activate & connect people and become artists to contribute to Mother Earth and everything growing and living on her.”
TPS attracts, connects, and aligns the social artists, future creatives, and social change musicians who can open our hearts, inspire the necessary human change process, and help us connect with our innate creative capacities for co-creating a thrivable world. Dr Jean Houston, one of the leading founders of the Human Potential movement, called this process "Social Artistry".
Music for Social Change & Festivals are one of the key TPS strategies for activating and connecting our social artistry capacities. Music & Sound Harmonics appear to have more influence over large groups of people than nearly any other cultural activity. The Tipping Point System (TPS) utilises music and sound harmonics technologies as the central cultural focus of behavioral change at scale. Scientific studies tell us that music can lead large groups of people to transform their values and adopt new patterns of behavior. Sound harmonics is part of the universal communication system of Life.
We apply a musical strategy for social change in three important ways:
- TO ATTRACT: The concentration of human energy and potential, which festivals and concerts provide, is key to catalyzing behavioural change through our Circular Economy and Cosmo-Local strategies. The vibe and temporary escape from reality that these events create provides a fertile space to introduce new ideas to fans and festival goers that is far more effective than advertising campaigns or social media outreach.
- TO HEAL: We have a large and growing collection of research that proves the healing power of music and sonic resonance to restore ecological damage and to improve whole health of people and ecosystems. We will use this research as a basis for developing a global musical healing strategy that transcends current technological attempts to restore the health of, for example, acidic oceans, polluted air, dying forests and species at risk of imminent extinction. Furthermore, the research on music and health also indicates how disease as well as health has a unique sound signature, which can be diagnosed by working with the sound signature of people.
- TO HEAR: We also have a large and growing collection of research that proves that sound generated by the non-human living world provides information that could prove valuable in sensing the health of the planet, in the same way that a doctor receives valuable feedback when listening to, for example, the human heart. We will use this research as a basis for developing a global monitoring system of the health of the planet.
Our music for social change strategies include:
- Partnering with Existing Music Festivals as a mechanism to kickstart local thrivable economies in the cities and towns in which the festivals take place. Festivals provide a temporary space where the passion, energy, colour, creativity, diversity and innate thrivability of humanity is explored and celebrated. The festival is a place where we step across the threshold of our daily lives into a world where the colour, sound, vibrancy and rhythm of life is turned up to the max, through music, arts, food and community. A place where the narrow perceptual bandwidth is challenged by innovation, music, vibrancy and colour, by diversity and imagination - all through music. In short, each Tipping Point Festival becomes a small, microcosmic example of what Life could be like once the whole planet transitions from a survival civilization to a thrivability civilization. Read more about our Festival Criteria.
- Partnering with Music Management Companies, Music Enterprises and Festivals for the conscious co-design of music, story, song and sound to connect, cohere, uplift and inspire millions (and eventually billions) of people in our common care and responsibility for our planet and future wellbeing.
- Singing with our Planet and non-human species with key music artists and sound coherence experts, through specific Tipping Point Music Concerts for showing how our Planet is alive and how we form part of Her Communication System. This will take place in partnership with HeartMath who can provide the Global Coherence measurement systems and apps for making this truly interactive and for providing the scientific evidence that shows how we all form part of a living web of life, powered through the electro-magnetic field of our Planet.