A CRITICAL TIME FOR HUMANITY
Many people say, “It is the system’s fault, we have to change the system.”
WE NEED A SYSTEM THAT CAN CHANGE THOSE SYSTEMS.
That's why we created the Tipping Point System (TPS).
Tipping Point Festivals are an integral part of the Tipping Point System!
Festivals provide a temporary space where the passion, energy, colour, creativity, diversity and innate thrivability of humanity is explored and celebrated. The festival is a place where we step across the threshold of our daily lives into a world where the colour, sound, vibrancy, and rhythm of life is turned up to the max, through music, arts, food, social artistry, and community. A place where our creative spirit is activated and nurtured, and we can envision together the worlds we want to experience and grow together.
What the climate crises needs is collective imagination and wisdom, locally generated, locally shared and explored through the medium of music and the temporary platform of a festival. At a time of possible ecosystem collapse, where better to 'suspend business-as-usual' to explore what it takes to transform our relationship to earth from a predominantly anthropogenic civilization to an ecologically empathic civilization?
In short, your festival becomes a small, microcosmic example of what Life could be like once the whole planet transitions from a survival civilization to a thrivability civilization.
THE HUMAN CONDITION
The science (and our youth's response) is clear that we are rapidly approaching runaway collapse scenarios with various societal and ecosystemic tipping points being reached in rapid succession. These dire circumstances present an opportunity for humanity to come together, using music as the key driver to support SDG 17: Partnerships for the Global Goals.
As thrivability stewards who care deeply about our planetary and future wellbeing, we asked ourselves - how can we individually and collectively become a systemic Tipping Point in favor of Life and our future generations? And what inherent power does music have to bring humanity together like never before, where politics, science, religion and business-as-usual are failing?
Over many years of research, design, sense-making, dialogues, long conversations, visioning and transitioning, we have started to form an integral framework and Tipping Point System to support the projects and initiatives that have Tipping Point potential, when aligned with other initiatives.
Tipping Point potential lies within any initiative that brings large numbers of people together and thus is capable of tipping a society within which the event takes place in favor of Thrivability.
What do we mean by Thrivability?
Thrivability is a Life-centric way of living as a society that transcends survival modes, sustainability, and resilience, through our shared understanding of the oneness of the human family and Life as a whole.
Applications are now being accepted for inclusion in the Tipping Point Festival Alliance. The purpose of the Alliance is to make visible a global calendar of aligned events and to pass along the Tipping Point Torch.
The intention is to catalyse a major social Tipping Point for standing with Mother Earth in co-creating a world that works for all!
CRITERIA FOR INCLUSION
- Restorative - you are committed to producing an event that aligns with the latest solutions around restorative resource flows, through pre- to post-production clear up / supply chains / resource management.
- Purposeful - you are committed to employ a set of ecologically literate principles by which to support the design and program production of the event.
- Explorative - you are committed to explore what it means to become a thrivability tipping point and to providing a space at your festival to facilitate bespoke social tipping point workshop content and speakers.
- Connective - you are willing to support a platform that hyper-connects the festival community with local regenerative economic solutions and beyond.
- Courageous - you are willing to steer towards the world you want to see, rather than one most are willing to settle for.
- Generative - you are committed to continuing the journey after the last tent has been packed away, by passing on the Tipping Point Torch to the next event committed to meeting or exceeding the SDGs through music.
Join the rapidly growing Tipping Point Festival Alliance!
A global alliance of music & cultural events committed to thrivability for all.
Using the criteria listed above, please rate your event on a scale of 0 to 5 where 0 means “not committed and unlikely to commit” and 5 means “already fully committed”.
Responding with a '0' does not mean your event won't be considered. We'd simply like to get an honest evaluation of how aligned your festival is with our objectives.