The Future Normals Webinar Series
Join us for a series of 7 Transformational Webinars for creating a World that Works, offered by
Envisioning a post-coronavirus world
We are delighted to invite you to a new webinar series that forms part of the EARTHwise Tipping Point Conversations for a World that Works, called:
The Future Normals Webinar series
This webinar series results from a unique collaboration between EARTHwise Centre and r3.0, both founding members of the EARTHwise Tipping Point System for transition leadership and civilizational transformation. r3.0 co-facilitates this webinar series based on their Transformation Journey Blueprint and Programs. Together, we offer a unique starting point for the Future Normals.
Why this webinar series is so important right now
The corona virus crisis has revealed even more strongly that dualistically polarized systems are incapable of guiding us through periods of crisis, in fact they are the very reason that we sink so deep into crisis. With dualistically polarized systems we mean the kind of dynamics that create divisions such as “economic gain versus health priorities”, “climate priorities versus business interests”, “state safety versus individual freedom”, and so forth.
The “Future Normals” webinars explore the necessary ’transition pathways’, r3.0’s language of multi-level transformation, to get us out of dualistic argumentation and old unsustainable normals, by offering a Third Way approach for moving out of the crisis. The ‘Third Way’ is a unique approach developed by Dr Anneloes Smitsman based on her PhD research at Maastricht University, the Netherlands.
Who this webinar series is for
Transition leaders, policy makers, creatives, solutionaries, academics, positive mavericks, visionaries, culture designers, and people who are committed to creating a world that works for all. The COVID-19 crisis has taken the life of hundreds of thousands of people already. It is our moral responsibility to learn from this crisis and all it is revealing to build the foundations for future normals that are healthy, regenerative, and thrivable.JOIN NOW
What you can expect from this webinar series
In a series of 1.5 hour webinars on zoom, Dr. Anneloes Smitsman, CEO of EARTHwise Centre and Ralph Thurm, Managing Director of r3.0, will facilitate these Tipping Point Conversations. The webinars are taking place every two weeks on Wednesdays, 11am PDT (20.00pm CEST), and started May 20th. The webinars also include a guest expert to deepen the webinar topic.
The “Future Normals” are based on a unique formula which is applied to various transition trajectories. Each webinar will explore possible “Future Normals”, using system maps and tools that have been developed by r3.0 and EARTHwise Centre for systemic transformational change and transition leadership:
The Third Way Formula for new Future Normals:
- A key topic will be introduced that reveals a dualistic provocation that is in the news and where opinions are often stuck in an either/or argumentation.
- A perspective from r3.0, based on backcasting from an ideal situation, using r3.0 knowledge and tooling, presents a generic “maturation pathway”.
- A “Third Way” system tool from EARTHwise Centre is shared for: 1) identifying the systemic boundaries that are ignored or harmed; 2) revealing the systemic thrivability barriers that give rise to this dualistic polarization, and; 3) identifying possible transformation strategies for third way solutions.
- Breakout conversation in smaller groups for exploring “third way” future normals trajectories.
- Completion in large group for sketching “third way” future normals trajectories based on the synergies of the group intelligence and collective wisdom.
- Reflection opportunity by the participants, especially around how they sketch a first step for them, and the value the session created for them.
The upcoming "Future Normal" Webinar
Pay now to join the first "Future Normal" webinar in this unique series of "Tipping Point Conversations for a World that Works". Recording is provided with webinar resources for all who paid to enrol.JOIN NOW
How you can participate
- The next live online webinar will be held on Wednesday, June 17th at 11am PDT (20.00pm CEST), and focuses on the current discussion about "Short term crisis mode versus long term sustainability. and how to move out of this dualistic position to the development of "Regeneration & Thriving".
- Duration of the webinar is 90 minutes.
- Registration is required via the enrolment options below.
- We are asking for a financial contribution for these webinars in order to cover the cost for organizing and continuing this series over the next weeks, and possibly future series, if there is sufficient interest.
Two Price Options
- Option 1 - $20 USD for a single webinar. This payment option will provide you with the zoom link for live participation, a private Vimeo recording of the webinar, and the system maps and tools that we used for that webinar.
- Option 2 - $120 USD for the full series of seven webcasts (buy 7, get one free). This payment option will provide you with the zoom links for live participation. in all the webinars, a private online webinar library with all the recordings of the webinars for easy viewing and download, bonus videos and resources of new paradigm research publications, thrivability sciences, meditation videos, and the system maps and tools that we used for each of the 7 webinars.
Why this Webinar is not free of charge and what our value promise is to you
Your financial contribution per webinar or for the full first series of the 7 webinars with the 7 topics, allows us to cover some of the costs for developing this webinar series, as well as its continuation. EARTHwise Centre and r3.0 are both non-profit organizations that depend on contributions and donations for being able to continue providing services for the benefit of a thriving society.
We see other webinars that are offered free of charge as part of a marketing strategy to follow-up with a value proposition that is not for free afterwards. We have chosen instead to provide a webinar (series) that does not have a marketing strategy behind it, and promises to give direct value during the webinar that is immediately relevant for our personal and societal wellbeing.
Every webinar completes with a call to action and provides a system tool and map that you can apply in your work and life. For people who commit to participate in the whole series, this participation will also help to build the necessary future competencies.
Topics of the full Webinars Series
The following 7 topics are part of this Webinar Series "Future Normals", for 7 Webinars that take place every two weeks "for a World that Works".
- May 20th - Saving the Economy versus Saving Lives >>> A Different Economy. Recording will be sent after purchase, together with the webinar slides and further resources.
- June 3rd - Green & Clean energy solutions versus Nuclear/Fossil >>> New Energy Solutions & Bioregional Approach. Guest Contributor - Susan Manewich, President of New Energy Movement and the Founder and Director of NUI - the Foundation for Moral Technology.
- June 17th - Short term crisis mode versus long term sustainability >>> Regeneration & Thriving. Guest Contributor - Dr Anita Sanchez, who has worked with tens of thousands of global leaders and teams around the world and specializes in indigenous wisdom, diversity and inclusion, leadership, culture and promoting positive change in our world.
- July 1st - Wealth aggregation versus Social Security of the Welfare State >>> Universal Basic Income & Planetary Health.
- July 15th - Growth versus Degrowth >>> A living systems based growth model.
- July 29th - Technology Monopolization versus Collective Commons >>> A Planetary Ethics for Societal Development.
- August 12th - Old Certainties versus New Uncertainties >>> Transformational Competencies & Systemic Resiliencies.
Dr. Anneloes Smitsman (PhD, LLM) is Founder & CEO of EARTHwise Centre and the Tipping Point System architect and vision keeper. Anneloes is a thrivability scientist, futurist, published author, and evolutionary system designer, internationally acknowledged for her cutting edge role in systemic transformational change. Her Amazon bestseller "Love Letters from Mother Earth" serves as the inspiration for the Tipping Point Anthem that is currently in development. She received a degree of Doctor from the School of Business and Economics, Maastricht University, the Netherlands, where she conducted her Ph.D. as external researcher at the Maastricht Sustainable Institute (formerly ICIS). Her PhD dissertation Into the Heart of Systems Change, is gaining international traction for the Third Way approach, and for addressing the systemic thrivability barriers. Through her online courses and quests she trains the global transition teams and builds EARTHwise capacity. Anneloes is a a member of the Evolutionary Leaders Circle.
Ralph Thurm is the co-Founder and Managing Director of r3.0 and supports the development of the Tipping Point informational infrastructure for business transformation for regenerative, inclusive and distributive economies. Ralph is a leading professional in sustainable innovation and strategy, operational sustainability, sustainability change management, sustainability reporting, and ThriveAbility. With about 30 years of experience working for major corporates, industry federations, governments, NGOs and advisory services globally. r3.0 is a key partner of EARTHwise Centre and the Tipping Point System, and serves as a non-profit for redesign, resilience and regeneration that instigates change towards a decision-useful new reporting impetus for a green, inclusive & open economy. Earlier, Ralph accepted roles as Director Engagement at GISR (2014-2017) and as senior advisor at various organizations and networks, including UNIDO, the Dutch Transparency Benchmark, Turntoo and Katerva.