Healing Our World through Song
Tipping Point Earth Songs, joining together for the ONE mother we all have in common
In the midst of our corona virus crisis with all the suffering and untold challenges, we are called to come together in whole new ways. Music has always had the power to unite us during times of great difficulties, it is our one common language.
Inspired by the amazon bestseller "Love Letters from Mother Earth - The Promise of a New Beginning" by EARTHwise founder Dr Anneloes Smitsman, the Tipping Point Collaboratory and Indigenous Wisdom Council are working on the co-creation of an Earth Song to inspire each person to find their Earth song for Mother Earth and our world.
The Tipping Point Earth Song is bringing people together in the common language of our hearts
This song process provides essential inspiration and support to ignite our hearts and heal the divisions in our world.
We want you to be a part of this
Sign-up here to stay in touch with us and receive our latest news.
Uniting Our World Through the Power of Music
The covid-19 crisis has accelerated the development of a digitally connected worlds in ways that no human intervention could have. For the very first time, people are spontaneously sharing their musical talents and inspiration through online calls, mobile recordings, and more. What we anticipated in 2019, and why we started the development of a new kind of music-based digital technology for social innovation, has now happened.
After many years of research, we started the development of this powerful music-based digital social innovation platform in the beginning of this year, prior to the covid-19 crisis. Our aim is to sing our future into being, by uniting around the one mother we all have in common - Mother Earth. Our goal is become a social tipping point for a thrivable world.
Tipping Point team member, Prof dr. Sabine Brunswicker and her brilliant team of scientists and developers at Purdue University's Research Center for Open Digital Innovation have taken up the role of leading the development of our social innovation platform in partnership with our Tipping Point Collaboratory. Prof. Sabine Brunswicker and her interdisciplinary team of scientists, designers, artists, and platform engineers can build upon several years of scientific research and practical development experiences on how to design digital platforms for co-creative social innovation. With support of the U.S. National Science Foundation, they have worked with thousands of challenge participants around the world to scientifically validate how digital technologies can give individuals, like artists, 'voices' and 'hands' for social innovation.
Here is how you can help ...
Your tax-deductible donation will support us to continue the development of the Tipping Point digital platform for making it possible to invite everyone to join the song process for honoring Mother Earth.
Supporting our world in crisis through the healing power of music
Tipping Point collaboratory member, Andre Heuvelman and his colleagues from the Trumpets of Orange from Holland created this recently to provide support during this difficult time.
Tipping Point Digital Platform
Singing Our World to Life through Songs for Action
A taste of what we are working on...
Our Tipping Point digital platform will be developed by Purdue University and aims to connect three key actors to co-create a generative social tipping point:
(musicians, artists, cultural creatives) who co-create songs throughout an iterative process.
(experts in “thrivability” focused not only on sustainability but also social and human capital to regenerate planetary, social, cognitive as well as spiritual resources) who advise artists in defining their call for action.
(you, me, and people around the world) who help the creators to learn about the impact potential of their lyrics and sounds for mobilizing generative actions in care for our planet and our world.
What is unique about this platform...
This digital platform offers creatives a range of novel features for driving social innovation:
- OUR SONGS: Access to the community’s co-created songs prior to the global release of the tipping point playlists (e.g. via Spotify and other channels).
- MY STUDIO: A space to create and upload different versions of your song (its audio, its narrative) with features to implement the song’s call for actions (e.g. donations related to the song).
- MY RESULTS: Access to feedback from advisors and listeners as well as access to song analytics (e.g. “danceability”, listener engagement, and more).
- MY SOCIAL NETWORK: Access to a dialogue forum to engage with other creatives.
- MY LAB: Tools, resources, and tutorials to learn about digital music production, “thrivability,” social innovation, and much more.
Key benefits of this digital tool for social innovation
- Empowers you to (further) develop your artistic and creative talents and voice for action (even if you think you have no musical skills);
- Helps you to develop your generative impact in the world;
- Inclusion in our community of incredible talent who are singing our world and trees to life with their powerful voices for action;
- Opportunity for you to be featured in our Top 100 Music Chart from entries all over the world, in every language and from many cultures;
- Tips, techniques and training on how to move your entry up the charts;
- The opportunity to develop your creative talents and skills for planetary and personal change (you won't learn these skills in any school or college!);
- Access to local communities of extraordinary individuals committed to a thriving world. for all;
- The unique opportunity to learn from indigenous wisdom keepers about the spiritual power of song, story, sound, and dance;
- The opportunity to create and share your Voice for Action with people around the world, and co-create a global Song for Action;
- A unique way of participating in and supporting our partner Chant Live to sing trees to life.
- And much, much more!
You are a Voice of the World
Listen to this beautiful song to remember the importance of your voice and your song. We thank Sasha Siem for her gracious support and permission to share her beautiful rendition of Elton John's Your Song.
Vision Map for what is possible together
In the heart of darkness new visions are born that can carry us to places we could not have imagined possible before.
This map below provides a window into our Vision for how our Songs for Action can become a Song of Songs for Mother Earth.